Step back in time to this charming little rustic 2 bedroom / 1 bathroom cottage set on the banks of the Kafue River and only a 1 hour drive from Chingola Town Centre. The perfect place to unwind, great for birding, bush walks, bicycle rides or take your own boat and try your hand at some fishing (catch and release only) and a splash pool.
- Chimfunshi Chimpanzee Orphanage is a 15km drive from the tarmac turnoff.
- Perfect stopover on the way to the Source of the Zambezi, which is also an excellent birding area (IBA).
NO day visitors allowed only pre booked guests will have access to the farm.
Self catering - sleeps 4 ( +1 extra mattress available for a child)
-Public holidays and weekends (Fri/Sat/Sun) - K1200 per night
(minimum 2 nights on long weekends )
-Monday to Thursday - K900 per night (excluding long weekends)
-Breakfast and Dinner available on request to be booked in advance K300 per person
-checkin - 14h00 / check out - 09h30 (times can be adjusted if no other guests)
-Maximum 1 extra tent allowed K300 per night
- Kitchen, solar lights, a gas braai and and outside braai.
Just take your food, drinking water, drinks and cooler box with ice. Water is pumped straight from the river please take your own drinking water.
Farm shop - basic essential supplies, meat from butchery on advance notice. Charcoal is K100 bucket. (firewood is provided for camp fire weather depending)
- 2 Bicycles for hire, K250 each per 24 hours and a "tag along bike" for kids at K100 per 24 hours.
- Library - Feel free to swop a book from our library with one you have brought from home. Please dont remove the guide reference books.(trees, plants, birds etc)
- Fishing off the river bank is at your own risk (beware of crocodiles), please bring your own rods.(some rods are available to hire K200 each per 24 hours)
- Kids fishing - Doba doba (fishing with bamboo rods) K100 per rod to buy
- Farm bush/bird walks please follow the road.(please do let us know what you have seen in our bird sighting book)
- Boat launch at Riverbend next door is K50.(pls prebook with us)
Whilst the owners take all possible precautions to ensure your safety we accept no liability or injuries, deaths, theft, damage to equipment or property whatsoever etc., which may occur during your stay and that your visit to this campsite is entirely at your own risk.