Kasanka National Park though small has a wide variety of vegetation zones from dry evergreen forests to permanent papyrus swamps and moist forests.
This park doesn't have huge herds of big game, but it does have some unusual species, like the rare slender-snouted crocodile.The shyest antelope, the Sitatunga and is a bird watchers paradise. From the end of October to end of December you can see the world's largest mammal migration of up to 15 million fruit bats.Wasa Lodge, Luwombwa Lodge and Kapabi camp offer from self catering to fully inclusive.
The Bangweulu Wetlands is an enormous floodplain of islands, reed-beds and lagoons .The main attraction is its prolific birdlife, including the pre historic shoebill stork and tens of thousands of endemic black lechwe on the plains around the wetlands. Travel here is not easy and is often done as a day trip from Kasanka.(not for the feint hearted).
Wasa Lodge Domestic Self-Catering Lodge Hire Package for US$350 per night for 10 people maximum This includes accommodation in five chalets overlooking Wasa Lake, a chef to help you prepare your food, and free use of the two canoes at Luwombwa Lodge (self-drive to your canoe trip). It does not include any food or drinks, park fees, or any other activities.
Domestic Bat Special – book soon to get your preferred dates! Dates: 15th October to 31st December 2020 Luwombwa Lodge Domestic Full Board Lodge Hire Package for US$480 per night (maximum of 10 people) This includes accommodation in three chalets overlooking the Luwombwa River (three double beds, 5 single beds), all meals, teas and coffees, and free use of the two canoes. It does not include park fees, soft or alcoholic drinks, or any other activities.
Weekday(Sunday - Thursday)
ZMW1965 per person per night
Weekend (Friday - Saturday)
ZMW 2260 per person per night
Includes: Accommodation based on 2 people sharing, all meals, activities (Sitatunga Game Drives, Wasa Walks plus 1 guided bat experience per night of stay).
Excludes: All other not mentioned.
PARK ENTRY FEES (paid per day in the park and not per night): To be paid at the gate upon entry in Zambian Kwacha (ZMW). Gate hours are strictly 06:00 to 18:00 and early or late arrivals may be denied entry.
• Citizens Adults -ZMW 25.20 per person per day; Children (6 – 13 yrs) -> ZMW 12.60 per person per day
• Residents Adults -> US$ 7 per person per day; Children (6 – 13 yrs) -> US$ 3.50 per person per day
• Non-residents Adults -> US$ 10 per person per day; Children (6 – 13 yrs) -> US$ 5 per person per day
• Locally registered vehicles < 3="" tonnes="" -=""> ZMW 25.50 per day; > 3 tonnes -> ZMW 42.00 per day
• Foreign registered vehicles < 3="" tonnes="" -=""> US$ 15 per day; > 3 tonnes -> US$ 30 per day
• Aircraft Local registered -> ZMW 166.80 per landing
• Angling (Citizens/Residents) -> ZMW 31.50 per person per day
• Angling (Non-residents) -> US$ 30 per person per day