Kasanka National Park - Home to world's largest mammal migration
Kasanka National Park though small has a wide variety of vegetation zones from dry evergreen forests to permanent papyrus swamps and moist forests.
This park doesn't have huge herds of big game, but it does have some unusual species, like the rare slender-snouted crocodile.The shyest antelope, the Sitatunga and is a bird watchers paradise. From the end of October to end of December you can see the world's largest mammal migration of up to 15 million fruit bats.Wasa Lodge, Luwombwa Lodge and Kapabi camp offer from self catering to fully inclusive.
The Bangweulu Wetlands is an enormous floodplain of islands, reed-beds and lagoons .The main attraction is its prolific birdlife, including the pre historic shoebill stork and tens of thousands of endemic black lechwe on the plains around the wetlands. Travel here is not easy and is often done as a day trip from Kasanka.(not for the feint hearted).
Wasa Lodge: Full Board
Superior Chalet – USD85 (end DEC) USD65 (JAN-SEP 2022)
Standard – USD65 (end DEC) USD55 (JAN-SEP 2022)
Luwombwa : Self Catering Chalets on the Luwombwa River. Perfect for a family gathering or group social with friends. The property has 3 ensuite chalets with a double bed & two single beds in each chalet - sleeps 10 people
USD50 pp(end DEC) USD35 (JAN-SEP 2022)
EXCLUSIVE CAMP - USD350 (end DEC) USD220 (JAN-SEP 2022)
Kapabi: Self Catering Tented Camp 4 x Large Canvas tents each sleeping two people (sleeps 8) and perfect for groups in order to keep to your bubble . Camp supervisor on hand to assist with food preparation, firewood & water for showers. Exclusive use of full Camp for K 3,680 / $160 per night with a minimum of 2 nights for exclusive use or 3 nights over a public holiday.
EXCLUSIVE CAMP - USD350 (end DEC) USD200 (JAN-SEP 2022)
CAMPING: Pontoon camp 1, 2 and 3 Situated next to the Kasanka river and next to a raised hide are our 3 camping sites perfect for viewing the elusive Sitatunga and watching numerous bird species. Ablution block, camp fire, lapa & braai area are inclusive with a camp supervisor to help toping up water for your shower and wood for your camp fire.You will need to bring everything else. Adults :USD15pppn
50% SINGLE SUPPLEMENT
KIDS UNDER 5 ARE FREE SHARING WITH ADULTS
subject to change - PARK ENTRY FEES (paid per day in the park and not per night): To be paid at the gate upon entry in Zambian Kwacha (ZMW). Gate hours are strictly 06:00 to 18:00 and early or late arrivals may be denied entry.
• Citizens Adults -ZMW 25.20 per person per day; Children (6 – 13 yrs) -> ZMW 12.60 per person per day
• Residents Adults -> US$ 7 per person per day; Children (6 – 13 yrs) -> US$ 3.50 per person per day
• Non-residents Adults -> US$ 10 per person per day; Children (6 – 13 yrs) -> US$ 5 per person per day
• Locally registered vehicles < 3="" tonnes="" -=""> ZMW 25.50 per day; > 3 tonnes -> ZMW 42.00 per day
• Foreign registered vehicles < 3="" tonnes="" -=""> US$ 15 per day; > 3 tonnes -> US$ 30 per day
• Aircraft Local registered -> ZMW 166.80 per landing
• Angling (Citizens/Residents) -> ZMW 31.50 per person per day
• Angling (Non-residents) -> US$ 30 per person per day